- Justice Sanjeev Sachdeva rejected a private company official’s plea for an arms license, a request which was denied to him by the licensing authority of the police as well as Lieutenant-Governor Anil Baijal.
Reasons behind decline
- According to Delhi High Court, no one has a fundamental right to possess a weapon.
- The judge made comments about how possessing weapons is more about showing off and status symbol than self-defense.
- The judge held the society to not a lawless one that individuals would need to acquire arms to protect themselves.
- The object of the Arms Act is to ensure that weapons are available to citizens for self-defense,
Did you like what you read? Enter your email address below to get all our updates in your inbox the moment it is published. Once you enter your email address, you will be subscribed immediately. We do not spam you, so you can easily unsubscribe anytime, by clicking on unsubscribe link in the email.