Here is the 3rd Economics Mains Marathon Optional Test.
Economics Mains Marathon : Test-3
- Mention the different components of supply of money as specified by the Reserve Bank of India. In what sense is the narrow money `narrow’?
- Explain H-theory of money supply.
- Compare the various instruments of monetary policy with respect to influencing the cost and availability of credit.
- Explain Milton Friedman’s reformulation of the Quantity Theory of Money.
- Derive money multiplier when a part of money supply is exogenous and the other part is endogenous.
- What is the difference between private and social cost-benefit? Which one of the two is more relevant to government investment decision and why?
- State five reasons that support government intervention in agricultural markets.
- What do you understand by shifting of a tax? How does a monopolist succeed in shifting the burden of a tax under increasing marginal cost?
- What is the difference between horizontal equity and vertical equity while considering ability to pay? How should the problem be resolved? Illustrate graphically.
- The objective of fiscal stabilisation has become difficult to be achieved in most of the developing countries due to economic compulsions and political pressures.” Comment upon the statement.
- Analyse the recent trend of gross capital formation in agriculture. Has it, do you think, been responsible for the sluggish growth rate in agriculture?
- Critically examine the arguments usually put forward in favour of disinvestment of public enterprises.
- Compare the strategies of trickle down growth with inclusive growth. Why should the strategy of inclusive growth be preferred?
- Explain why in spite of poverty alleviation schemes number of the poor has not fallen very much.
- During the British rule, commercialisation of agriculture was forced on the farmers, while now it is the need of the hour. Discuss
- Discuss the impact of the World Trade Organization (WTO) on Indian Agriculture.
- Vitalisation of rural economy is key to inclusive growth which is possible through strategic management and technological upgradation. Explain
- Examine the labour policy of India and its impact on employment (labour) market in Indian economy.
- “India has of late been over-tertiarised”. Do you agree? Substantiate your answer.
- Second generation economic reforms are crucial for raising the growth rate of economy. Throw light on these dimensions.
Did you like the questions? Do let us know.
All Mains Marathon Optional Questions are updated in this page.
Did you like what you read? Enter your email address below to get all our updates in your inbox the moment it is published. Once you enter your email address, you will be subscribed immediately. We do not spam you, so you can easily unsubscribe anytime, by clicking on unsubscribe link in the email.