Here is the 6th Economics Mains Marathon Optional Test.
Economics Mains Marathon : Test-6
- What do you understand by ‘sterilization’ effects of foreign exchange market intervention? How does ‘sterilization’ work in the case of imperfect capital mobility?
- Define a balance of payment function and explain the factors that cause a shift in this function. Explain the general equilibrium situation in a four-sector IS- LM model.
- Summarise the main arguments of the trade optimists and trade pessimists with regard to trade policy for developing countries, which argument does the data tend to support?
- Distinguish between Currency Board Arrangement and dollarisation. Why would a nation adopt one or the other?
- How does portfolio balance approach differ from monetary approach in determining the exchange rate?
- Do you agree with the view that “international trade is an engine of growth”? Elucidate your answer.
- What are different kinds of disequilibrium in balance of payments? Suggest some measures to solve the problem of structural disequilibrium in balance of payments.
- Discuss critically the role of International Monetary Fund in imparting stability in international monetary system.
- Give salient features of WTO Agreement in relation to agriculture. In this context, explain the concept of TRIPS.
- What are the elasticity and absorption approaches to BOP adjustment? Discuss.
- Discuss the role of multinationals in employment creation, income generation and transfer of technology.
- Explain the TRIMs of WTO. What are the major debates relating to it?
- Point out critical elements in typical PPP agreements in the infrastructure projects to safeguard the interests of the public.
- Do you subscribe to the view that the “controversy regarding economic planning versus market mechanism is both unnecessary and futile”. Elaborate your answer.
- What are the human development indices used for international comparison of status of development? Elaborate the methodology used for developing Human Development Index.
- “Industrial development and environmental degradation are highly correlated”. If it is true what should be, in your opinion, the policy options for industrialisation process vis-a-vis pollution control?
- Outline the global efforts for checking the environmental degradation. Do you think that the advanced countries are cooperating in the efforts?
- Outline the main dimensions of human capital formation highlighting their relative significance in economic development.
- How does carbon trading help in reducing environmental degradation?
- Discuss the role of renewable energy resources in order to maintain environmental sustainability with special reference to India.
All Mains Marathon Optional Questions are updated in this page.