|MGP 2017 Batch C||GS (8 SECTIONALS + 8 FULL LENGTH TESTS) + 1 OPTIONAL PAPER TEST||DOWLOAD TEST CALENDAR||JOIN NOW - FEES Rs. 17250 (Till 30th June) Rs. 17,700* (1st July Onwards)|
|MGP + 2017 Batch C||GS (8 SECTIONALS + 8 FULL LENGTH TESTS) + 1 OPTIONAL PAPER TEST + 5 ESSAY TESTS||DOWNLOAD TEST CALENDAR||JOIN NOW FEES - Rs. 20,700 (Till 30th June) Rs.21,240* (1st July Onwards)|
|MGP 2017 Batch B||GS (9 SECTIONALS + 8 FULL LENGTH TESTS) + 1 OPTIONAL PAPER TEST||DOWNLOAD TEST CALENDAR||ADMISSION CLOSED|
|MGP + 2017 Batch B||GS (9 SECTIONALS + 8 FULL LENGTH TESTS) + 1 OPTIONAL PAPER TEST + 5 ESSAY TESTS||DOWNLOAD TEST CALENDAR||ADMISSION CLOSED|
|MGP 2017 Batch A||GS (17 SECTIONALS + 8 FULL LENGTH TESTS) + 1 OPTIONAL PAPER TEST||DOWNLOAD TEST CALENDAR||ADMISSION CLOSED|
|MGP + 2017 Batch A||GS (17 SECTIONALS + 8 FULL LENGTH TESTS) + 1 OPTIONAL PAPER TEST + 5 ESSAY TESTS||DOWNLOAD TEST CALENDAR||ADMISSION CLOSED|
For Queries Related to MGP Admissions, call:
Shantanu at +91-8800631116; Vinay at +91-9821711605
About Mains Guidance Program
Mains Guidance Program, is a Test Series based Preparation Plan for Civil Services Mains Examination.
It offers candidates a timely Test Based and Mentor Assessment based full length 3 hours test series. It is designed to be ideal for candidates who
- are preparing for Mains 2017 in self-study mode without any classes/coaching support.
- Have taken come coaching/classes, but would like to follow a disciplined approach to syllabus completion and answer writing practice.
- Working Candidates who would like to prepare for Tests 5 days a week, and write tests at the weekend with the aim to have a fair assessment of their performance.
- Do not have guidance from teachers / seniors and are preparing alone from home.
The program commences from July 1, and tests can be written at the offline Test Center as well as online mode.
Discussions for all Tests will be in a mixed mode with both Classroom Discussions and/or Video Discussions, as indicated in the Test Plan.
This initiative offers robust mentor support to help candidates in person, via phone and email in improving their answer writing skills and scoring well.
Primary Focus of MGP
The Primary Focus of the Program will be
- Covering the entire syllabus via the Test Series in a disciplined manner before Mains
- Providing vital inputs and feedback to improve answer quality and possible scores. Beginning early helps in both improving the answers as well as absorbing the inputs given and implementing them.
- Providing Detailed Solutions to cover all dimensions of questions asked.
- Providing Mentor Support via Email and Telephone to students who need any help in preparation.
- Ensuring quality enhancement over the Tests so that there is marked difference in performance leading to an increase in Marks in the UPSC Mains Examination.
Program Design (IMPORTANT, MUST READ)
The program is designed in a manner where
- There are three revision of each Paper, so that even if you miss completing the syllabus in the first iteration, via three successive iterations your syllabus is completed to the best possible level
- In the first iteration of eight Tests, each Paper has been divided into two parts. Each part will have a full length 3 hours Test. Thus candidates will have 2 Tests over a period of fifteen days to cover the full syllabus.
- The Test Series begins with Ethics Paper, which requires more practice or answer writing and exam orientedness and comparatively less reading of text. The Ethics Paper is largely ignored by candidates, though the basic preparation of this paper can be done in minimal time. This has been done to ensure that candidates do not ignore this paper due to time crunch in the end.
- The General Studies Paper 1 follows the Ethics Paper, which has static content largely with comparatively less current orientedness. However, the syllabus for GS Paper 1 is most exhaustive having History, Geography, Art & Culture, Parts of Applied Sociology. This paper requires maximum studying. It is often seen that candidates keep preparing this GS paper 1 for two months and rest all papers and Optional for Two Months.
- To avoid this, we have provided for GS Test 1 – Part 1 Test in the third week itself and Part 2 in the 4rth Week.
- The rational behind this is to ensure that students parallel pursue GS Paper from Day 1 itself , along with Ethics Paper and complete the syllabus of GS 1 to the best of their abilities within the first month.
- There will be two rounds of Full Length, Full Syllabus Tests after the first Iteration of Tests. This will ensure that whatever has been left out in the first iteration will be covered by the third revision.
- The MGP ends with 4 days of Continuous Tests in the below order
Date & Time
|12 October |
(9AM – 12 PM)
|ESSAY||As provided on HALL TICKET to be |
|13 October |
(9AM – 12 PM)
(2PM – 5 PM)
|General Studies Paper 1 |
General Studies Paper 2
|14 October |
(9AM – 12 PM)
|General Studies Paper 3 |
|(2PM – 5 PM)||General Studies Paper 4|
|15 October |
(9AM – 12 PM)
(2PM – 5PM)
|Optional Paper 1 |
Optional Paper 2
( Only available for History, Geography, Public
Administration & Philosophy Optionals )
Prajit Nair (AIR 87): I had joined this test series and it turned out to be a gem. I couldn’t write the complete program. I was able to write only the 8 full length tests. However, they were kind enough to let me access the Question papers and reference answers of the remaining 8 tests. I did attempt those papers separately and got it evaluated from friends. Also, their reference answers are well written.
They served as good material for reading current affairs.
As for the 8 full length tests, those were evaluated by mentors. What I really liked about the evaluation was an objective assessment and a human contact. I know both these are contradictory. Evaluation is a human endeavor. There are strong biases common in every evaluator. An access to the evaluator gives an idea about these biases. An evaluator looks for certain things when he gives marks. Things like coherence, lucidity, presentation etc. catch the evaluator’s eye. I experimented a lot with my papers in the course of these 8 tests. During the sessions in which I used to interact with my mentor, he was able to point out broad areas of improvement and possible shortcomings.
ForumIAS has shared my scanned answer sheets. The extent of improvement is tangibly visible in the 8 the paper starting from my level in 1st paper. My scores in UPSC also saw similar jump in this attempt. The level of improvement speaks for itself.
GS 1 – 56; GS 2 – 77; GS 3 – 74; GS 4 – 93
GS 1 – 91; GS 2 – 57; GS 3 – 97; GS 4 – 81
GS 1 – 105; GS 2 – 92; GS 3 – 106; GS 4 – 129
Mitali Sethi (AIR 56): I really don’t think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program. The team of Forum IAS made sure that they were there for me at all times I wanted. I had a mentor who could be available at any moment I wanted, and they regularly called me.
Sushil Kumar (AIR 96): I was already selected in IES and IIS. But I was very keen on getting IAS. I joined ForumIAS for MGP and Interview Guidance. My marks saw significant improvement and I was able to break through in under Rank 100.
HOW DOES IT WORK
- The Tests once released can be written by visiting the Test Center or in the online medium.
- All Candidates must create an account on http://forumias.academy after enrolling online or at the Test Center.
- The Students will be added to the MGP 2017 Batch C Course immediately after the Prelims Examination and will get all instructions therein.
- All Test Papers with QCA Booklets will be released on the platform as per the time indicated. Video discussions will be available within 5 days the actual discussion.
- The candidates are expected to download the QCA Booklets (Question-cumAnswer Booklets , which will have Questions printed on them and Space for writing Answers ) , print them and write answers in exam conditions. After completing the paper, candidates must scan the copy and email it to email@example.com . Alternatively, it can be send by Courier to the Test Center. The Test Center Address is :
Address of Test Center
In case you would like to meet the Mentors or reach out to us or would like to take admissions by visiting the Test Center, you can visit us at the below address
ForumIAS Offline Center,
3rd Floor, Shop No. 6, Old Rajinder Nagar Market, New Delhi – 110060
Contact : 9821711605 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
ForumIAS MGP Program is guided by a fair and equitable usage policy. Since we have limited intake, the program is subject to below terms & conditions
- All fees once paid are not refundable in nature.
- The program is linked to a user with mobile number and is non-transferrable to another user with a different email or mobile number than the ones provided at the time of registration.
- Candidates can write the tests anytime, but ForumIAS Academy will not be able to assure checking more than 4 copies in a month, and any copies over and above 4 copies in a month will be on a best effort basis. This is done so that we give priority to candidates who write tests regularly.
- The last date for submission of copies for Sectional and Four Full length tests is September 30th, 2017. Any copies submitted Post September 30th, will be entertained only on a best effort basis, and is not guaranteed to be checked. We also believe that one month time is not a good enough time to implement the feedback given, and it becomes difficult to give feedback so close to the exam, especially for candidates who write tests only 20 days before the exam, and expect copy checking on priority over candidates who write the exam on the fixed time table mode.
MGP 2017 Batch C GS (8 SECTIONALS + 8 FULL LENGTH TESTS) + 1 OPTIONAL PAPER TEST DOWLOAD TEST CALENDAR JOIN NOW - FEES Rs. 17250 (Till 30th June) Rs. 17,700* (1st July Onwards) MGP + 2017 Batch C GS (8 SECTIONALS + 8 FULL LENGTH TESTS) + 1 OPTIONAL PAPER TEST + 5 ESSAY TESTS DOWNLOAD TEST CALENDAR JOIN NOW FEES - Rs. 20,700 (Till 30th June) Rs.21,240* (1st July Onwards) MGP 2017 Batch B GS (9 SECTIONALS + 8 FULL LENGTH TESTS) + 1 OPTIONAL PAPER TEST DOWNLOAD TEST CALENDAR ADMISSION CLOSED MGP + 2017 Batch B GS (9 SECTIONALS + 8 FULL LENGTH TESTS) + 1 OPTIONAL PAPER TEST + 5 ESSAY TESTS DOWNLOAD TEST CALENDAR ADMISSION CLOSED MGP 2017 Batch A GS (17 SECTIONALS + 8 FULL LENGTH TESTS) + 1 OPTIONAL PAPER TEST DOWNLOAD TEST CALENDAR ADMISSION CLOSED MGP + 2017 Batch A GS (17 SECTIONALS + 8 FULL LENGTH TESTS) + 1 OPTIONAL PAPER TEST + 5 ESSAY TESTS DOWNLOAD TEST CALENDAR ADMISSION CLOSED