Public Administration Optional Test 5
1.Legislative action is not subject to the rules of natural justice.Explain the exceptions to the rule of natural justice.
2.From Woodrow Wilson to Herbert Simon most writers on public administration have taken the achievement of efficiency as the central objective. Justify the statement with reference to the work of major writers.
3.Public borrowing produces different effects on economy. Discuss.
4.Differentiate between the open and closed career systems. Do you favour the coexistence of both the systems for a balanced career development?
5.What do you understand by the term under-administration? What are the issues involved in it?
6.Disaster insurance is desirable but not an easy proposition to implement. Illustrate with suitable examples.
7.The chief minister is the real executive of the state, whose effectiveness is largely related to his personality trait & equation with central leadership. Explain & illustrate with relevant examples.
8.Do you think that our administration is sensitive to public grievances? Discuss the existing grievances redressal mechanism and give suggestions for enhancing its capabilities.
9.Civil society exists to ensure that government does provide good governance.Discuss.
10.Explain with appropriate illustrations the interface between political culture and bureaucratic culture in contemporary India.
- Considering the current pattern of question related to Public Administration optional, we need to focus more on Answer writing.
- As you are aware, no strategy is perfect. So, we request all of you to adopt and have faith with your own strategy. In this content we will focus more on the answer writing.
- We will try to provide you 10 questions each week till the Mains. The question set would be comprised of all sections of the syllabus (Paper 1 and Paper 2).
Important Points to consider
- Try to understand the question and read it more than two times to understand what the examiner wants.
- Answer should be as clear and have quality information.
- Always try to start with Why aspect and then move to What aspect of question.
- If possible try to Interlink Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Adding examples from Paper 2 , Quoting thinkers idea , Recommendation from ARC, Punchi Commission etc. would enrich your answer.
- Do not try to write answer like Essay paper , try to be more accurate with points and keep it small with data and statistics.
- Your knowledge on Current Affairs matters a lot. You need to add current issue with its solution to your answer.
- Try to add public policy issue and its solution in every answer.
- Structure of answer carry more importance .So, focus on structuring of answer.
- We will try to cover question from many sources like Previous year question papers , various standard books , reports , Current Events . We will try to keep question standard as much as like UPSC .
- The Plan does not carry any sectional test . It will be a comprehensive test carrying 10 questions from each section of syllabus . Paper 1 will have 5 and Paper 2 will have 5 questions .
All Mains Marathon Optional Questions are updated in this page.