Read the following questions and answer them by clicking on the links in not more than 200 words Time: 30 Minutes Kindly review each others answers.
1. The Gorkhaland movement is a long standing quest for a separate State of Gorkhaland. Discuss the roots and causes of the present Gorkhaland movement in India. Is under-development a core issue for the demand of a separate Gorkhaland? Examine. (GS 2) The Hindu
2. GST will integrate India into a single market with a standard rate of taxation. Examine the implications of GST on India’s federal structure. (GS 3) The Hindu
3. Do you think that Smart Cities can adversely impact the environment? Critically examine. (GS 3) ET
- You are expected to spend not more than 10 minutes on each question – in essence limiting your answer writing time to between 30-40 minutes.
- Do review each others answers, so that everyone improves.
- The idea is to keep the number of questions to a practicable level so that you do not spend an extra minute than required, and have maximum output for the UPSC Mains Exam 2017.
Did you like what you read? Enter your email address below to get all our updates in your inbox the moment it is published. Once you enter your email address, you will be subscribed immediately. We do not spam you, so you can easily unsubscribe anytime, by clicking on unsubscribe link in the email.