Test 4 : Anthropology Optional Mains Marathon
ANTHROPOLOGY PAPER -1
SYLLABUS – CHAPTER 7 & 8
1. Write short notes on the following:
a) Case study method.
b) Participatory method.
2. Define language. Mention socio-cultural importance of a language in a society.
3. Explain the evolution of field work tradition in anthropological research and its importance. What are the major problems and challenges in a field work tradition?
4. What is non verbal communication? What are the major types of non-verbal communications? Briefly mention the importance of non verbal communication in linguistics.
5. Write a short note on linguistic anthropology.
6. What is participant observation? Explain the significance of observation in anthropological field work.
7. “CULTURE IN NOT INHERITED AND IT MUST BE TRANSMITTED THROUGH LANGUAGE.” Comment.
8. What is genealogical method of data collection in anthropological research? Briefly explain its merits and demerits.
9. Critically examine comparative approach in anthropological research methods.
10. Distinguish between technique, method and methodology with examples.
11. Define socio-linguistics. Explain the importance of language in social contexts.
12. Bring out the major advantages and challenges in Interview method as a research tool.
13. Write short notes on :
14. Explain various precautions to be taken in presentation of data as a report.
15. Mention various secondary sources of information. Explain the importance of them in data collection in anthropological research
16. Describe various techniques in the interpretation of data in anthropological research methods.
All Mains Marathon Optional Questions are updated in this page.