News: The 206th Session of the Governing Council of the Inter-Parliamentary Union(IPU) will be held from 1st to 4th November 2020.
- Inter-Parliamentary Union(IPU): It was established in 1889 as a global organization of national parliaments.
- Aim: To promote parliamentary dialogue worldwide and works for peace and cooperation among the people.
- Members: It consists of 179 Member Parliaments and 13 Associate Members.
- Significance: IPU has permanent observer status at the United Nations General Assembly.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
Read Also :GS Paper 2 Previous year Questions