News:Recently,the eighth Indo-German Energy Forum was conducted in Delhi to enhance cooperation in the energy sector.
Key takeaways from the forum:
- The two countries signed agreements on thermal Power Plants renewable energy and green energy corridors.
- Indo-German Solar Partnership that was founded in 2015 was also discussed in the forum.
- The forum also finalized future collaboration between the countries that include promotion of energy efficiency among others.
About Indo-German Energy Forum:
- The Indo-German energy forum was established in 2006 to enhance and deepen the strategic political dialogue on the ongoing energy transition in both the countries.
- The forum is chaired by the respective ministries of environment, renewable energy of both the countries
- At the forum, the countries exchange experiences for both the governments to address challenges in the ongoing global energy transition.