Good Evening Friends! We are posting Todays 9pm Current Affair Brief
To access the Archives CLICK HERE->
News:The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development(UNCTAD) has released its updated Trade and Development Report.
- The Trade and Development Report (TDR) is issued every year since 1981.
- Aim: To analyse current economic trends and major policy issues of international concern and make suggestions for addressing these issues at various levels.
- It is a permanent intergovernmental body established by the United Nations General Assembly in 1964.
- It is part of the UN Secretariat and also the United Nations Development Group(UNDP).
- It reports to the UN General Assembly and the Economic and Social Council but has its own membership, leadership, and budget.
- Headquarters:Geneva, Switzerland
- The Trade and Development Report
- The World Investment Report
- Technology and Innovation Report
- Digital Economy Report
News:World Intellectual Property Day 2020 is being celebrated on April 26, 2020.
- World Intellectual Property Day was established by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in 2000.
- Aim:To raise awareness of how patents, copyright, trademarks and designs impact on daily life.
- Theme:Innovate for a Green future.
- It is the global forum established in 1967 for intellectual property(IP) services, policy, information and cooperation.
- It is a self-funding agency of the United Nations with 193 member states.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
- Parent organization:United Nations Economic and Social Council.
News:The government is fast tracking a plan to implement electronic Bill of Lading(eBL) to facilitate business continuity in the trade documentation process.
- A Bill of Lading is the key legal document in the global trade.
- It is issued by a carrier to a shipper that details the type, quantity, and destination of the goods being carried.
Port Community System(PCS1x):
- It has been launched by Indian Ports Association(IPA) under the guidance of the Ministry of Shipping.
- It is a cloud based platform which integrates stakeholders from the maritime trade on a single platform by offering services such as notification engine, workflow, mobile application, track and trace among others.
News:World Health Organization(WHO) recognises three stages of COVID-19 transmission — symptomatic, presymptomatic and asymptomatic.
- Symptomatic transmission: It refers to transmission from a person while they are experiencing symptoms.
- Presymptomatic transmission: It happens when a person spreads the disease before symptoms appear and eventually develops symptoms themselves.
- Asymptomatic transmission: Itrefers to transmission of the virus from a person who does not develop any symptoms.
News:World Bank has released its Commodity Markets Outlook report.
- The report is published every year in the month of April and October.
- Aim: To provide market analysis for major commodity groups such as energy, metals, agriculture, precious metals, oil, fertilizers among others.
- It is an International financial Institution that was created at the 1944 Bretton Woods Conference along with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- Headquarters: Washington D.C, USA
- Ease of Doing Business
- World Development Report
- Global Economic Prospects(GEP) report.