Good Evening Friends
We are posting Todays 9pm Current Affair Brief
About 9pm Current Affair Brief – This initiative provides a brief of all the relevant articles of day in a clear, concise and easily consumable format. Students don’t need to look anywhere more for your daily news bytes. It will help students in their prelims and mains preparation.
For old Archives of 9pm Current Affair Brief, Click on “Archives”
9pm Current Affair Briefs Archives →
News:Indian Air Force(IAF) with the assistance of Indian army has conducted Operation Sanjeevani to supply essential medicines and hospital consumables to Maldives.
Other Operations in News:
- Operation Sankalp:It was conducted by the Indian Navy in the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman to ensure the safety and security of Indian ships.
- Operation Vanilla:It was conducted by Indian Navy to support flood-hit Madagascar.
- Operation Kayla Mueller:It was a United States led military operation in Syria that targeted Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) leadership notably its leader,Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
- Operation Peace Spring:It was conducted by Turkey against the Syrian Kurdish militia (YPG) in Northeast Syria.
Explained:What is Geo-fencing?
News:The Government of India has planned to use the ‘Geo-Fencing App’ to locate quarantine violators.
- Geo-fencing:It is a location-based service which uses GPS, RFID, Wi-Fi or cellular data to trigger a pre-programmed action when a person or device enters or exits a virtual boundary set up around a geographical location known as a geofence.
- Authorisation: Section 5(2) of the Indian Telegraph Act,1885 authorises State or Centre to access information of a user’s phone data in case of occurrence of any public emergency or in the interest of public safety.
- Radio-Frequency Identification(RFID):It is the use of radio waves to read and capture information stored on a tag attached to an object.A tag can be read from up to several feet away and does not need to be within the direct line-of-sight of the reader to be tracked.
- Wi-Fi: It is a radio transmission technology that allows digital devices to use high-speed internet without direct cable connections.
- Global Positioning System (GPS): It is a U.S.-owned satellite-based radio navigation system that provides users with positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT) services.
News:NASA has released new global maps mapping groundwater, soil wetness using GRACE-FO mission satellites.
- The Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment Follow-On (GRACE-FO) mission was launched in 2018.It is a successor to the original GRACE mission which orbited Earth from 2002-2017.
- Bodies involved:It is a partnership project between NASA and the German Research Centre for Geosciences(GFZ).
- Objective:To map Earth’s gravity field every 30 days in order to monitor changes in underground water storage, the amount of water in lakes, soil moisture, ice sheets, glaciers and sea level