News:Department of Telecommunications(DoT) has launched ‘5G Hackathon’ in association with the Government, academia and Industry Stakeholders.
About ‘5G Hackathon’:
- The Hackathon aims at shortlisting India’s cutting edge ideas that can be converted into workable 5G products and solutions.
- It is open to developers, start-ups, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), academic institutions & registered companies in India and NRIs.
- 5G is the fifth cellular technology that succeeds generation of mobile networks namely a) 1G which delivered analog voice b) 2G introduced digital voice c) 3G brought mobile data and d) 4G LTE ushered in the era of mobile Internet.
- The 5G technology will provide a quantum leap over 4G in terms of speed, peak data rate, latency, spectrum efficiency and connection density.
- It will provide a download speed of 1 Gbps which is at least 100 times the existing data speeds.
- Further,it will also have a wider area in the frequency spectrum (range of frequencies) that will ensure no network congestion.
News:The Bangladesh government has approved the proposal to enhance the capacity of the Mongla port.
- India and Bangladesh had signed a MoU on the use of Chattogram and Mongla ports in 2015.
- The MoU envisages transit of goods from Mongla port to north eastern states of India through waterways, roads and railways.
About Mongla Port:
- Mongla Port is the second largest port of Bangladesh.It lies 62 km north of the Bay of Bengal coastline.
- The port is situated at the confluence of the Pasur River and the Mongla River.It is surrounded and protected by the Sundarban mangrove forest.
News:The Prime Minister has released the translated version of the Shri Siddhant Shikhamani Granth in 19 languages and launched a mobile app of the Granth.
About Siddhant Shikhamani:
- Siddhantha Shikhamani is a religious scripture of the Panchacharya tradition of Veerashaivas also known as Lingayatism.
- The scripture was written in Sanskrit and gives an elaboration of the primitive traits of Veerashaivism found in the Vedas and the Upanishads.
- The Lingayat also known as Veerashaiva community are devotees of Shiva.
- They follow the 12th-century saint-philosopher Basavanna who had rejected ritualistic worship and pre-eminence of the Vedas.
- They are strict monotheists.They worship only one God namely Linga (Shiva).
News:The man-animal conflict in the Kawal Tiger Reserve(KTR) is on the decline as there was no incident of wild animals straying into human habitations for water in 2019.
About Kawal Tiger Reserve:
- Kawal Tiger Reserve is located in Adilabad district in Telangana state.
- It was declared as a Tiger Reserve in 2012.The reserve is a catchment area for the rivers Godavari and Kadam.
- Vegetation:It is a dry deciduous teak forest mixed with bamboo, terminalia, Pterocarpus and cassias constitute the predominant flora of the region.
- The reserve has several species of animals including Cheetal, Sambar, Barking Deer, Nilgai, Sloth Bear, Indian Bison, Panther and Tiger.