Good Evening Friends
We are posting Todays 9pm Current Affair Brief
About 9pm Current Affair Brief – This initiative provides a brief of all the relevant articles of day in a clear, concise and easily consumable format. Students don’t need to look anywhere more for your daily news bytes. It will help students in their prelims and mains preparation.
For old Archives of 9pm Current Affair Brief, Click on “Archives”
9pm Current Affair Briefs Archives →
World Water Development Report 2020
News:The World Water Development Report 2020 has been released.
- The report is produced annually by the UNESCO World Water Assessment Programme(WWAP) and released by UN-Water.
- Title: Water and climate Change
News:Scientists from Agharkar Research Institute (ARI),Pune, an autonomous institute under the Department of Science & Technology have developed a wheat variety named MACS 4028.
- It is a biofortified durum wheat variety.
- Benefits: High protein content, better zinc and iron content, superior and stable yielding ability and good milling quality.
- Resistance to: stem rust, leaf rust, foliar aphids, root aphids and brown wheat mite.
- Biofortification: It is the process by which the nutritional quality of food crops is improved through agronomic practices, conventional plant breeding or modern biotechnology.
Centre for Internet of Ethical Things
News:Karnataka Government has decided to set up a Centre for Internet of Ethical Things In Bengaluru.
- It is a collaboration with the World Economic Forum(WEF)
- Aim: To bring together aspects of Artificial Intelligence(AI), Internet of Things(IoT) and Ethics on a single platform.
- Artificial Intelligence: It refers to the ability of machines to perform cognitive tasks like thinking, perceiving, learning, problem-solving and decision making(NITI Aayog).
- Internet of Things: It is a system of interrelated devices that can connect and share data over a network without requiring the human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction.
News:National Book Trust(NBT) has launched #StayHomeIndiaWithBooks initiative in the wake of preventive measures taken by the Government of India to contain the spread of Covid-19.
- Aim: To encourage people to read books by staying at Home.
National Book Trust:
- It is an Indian publishing house which functions as an autonomous body under the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
National Food Security Act,2013
News:Cabinet has approved the supply of 2 kg extra subsidised food grains through the ration shops under the National Food Security Act,2013.
- Nodal agency:Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution.
- Objective:To provide food and nutritional security by ensuring access to an adequate quantity of quality food at affordable prices.
- Coverage:67% of the population (75% in rural areas and 50% in urban areas)
- Allocation:Eligible persons will be entitled to receive 5 Kgs of foodgrains per person per month at subsidised prices of Rs. 3/2/1 per Kg for rice/wheat/coarse grains.
- The existing Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) households which constitute the poorest of the poor receives 35 Kgs of foodgrains per household per month.
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers are entitled to a nutritious take home ration of 600 Calories and a maternity benefit of at least Rs 6,000 for six months.
- Children upto 14 years of age are also entitled to nutritious meals as per the prescribed nutritional standards.
- Grievance Cell:The act also contains provisions for setting up of grievance redressal mechanism at the District and State levels.