Good Evening Friends
We are posting Todays 9pm Current Affair Brief
About 9pm Current Affair Brief – This initiative provides a brief of all the relevant articles of day in a clear, concise and easily consumable format. Students don’t need to look anywhere more for your daily news bytes. It will help students in their prelims and mains preparation.
For old Archives of 9pm Current Affair Brief, Click on “Archives”
News: Earth Hour is observed on the last Saturday of March every year.
- Earth Hour was started in 2007 by the World Wildlife fund for Nature (WWF).
- Aim:To call attention towards global warming, loss of biodiversity and climate change.
- Under this initiative, people switch off their lights for one hour.
- Theme: Climate Change and sustainable development.
World Wildlife fund for Nature(WWF):
- It is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961.
- Aim: To stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
- Headquarters: Gland, Switzerland.
News: The 45th anniversary of the entry into force of the Biological Weapons Convention was observed on March 26,2020.
- The Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BTWC) opened for signature in 1972 and entered into force in 1975.
- It is the first multilateral disarmament treaty banning the production of an entire category of weapons.
- Obligations:The treaty bans the development or acquire or transfer of a) biological agents or toxins that have no justification for peaceful uses and b) weapons or equipment designed to use such agents or toxins for hostile purposes.
- Members: It currently has 183 states. India signed the convention in 1973.
- These are microorganisms like virus, bacteria, fungi or other toxins that are produced and released deliberately to cause disease and death in humans, animals or plants.
- It is a multilateral export control regime(MECR) and informal group formed in 1985.
- Aim: To ensure that exports do not contribute to the development of chemical or biological weapons.
- Members:43.India has joined as a 43rd member in 2018.
News: The Three Seas Initiative summit has been rescheduled due to the spread of coronavirus.
- The Three Seas Initiative(3SI) is a forum that brings together Twelve European Union member states between the Adriatic Sea, the Baltic Sea and the Black Sea.
- Members: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
- Aim: To promote economic growth, security and a stronger and more cohesive Europe.
- It is a part of the Mediterranean Sea positioned between the Italian Peninsula and the Balkan Peninsula.
- The countries that border the Adriatic Sea are Albania, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Italy, Slovenia, and Montenegro.
News: Project Arunank has reconstructed the Daporijo Bridge across Subansiri river in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Project Arunank is being implemented by Border Roads Organization (BRO) in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Aim: To link remote regions of the borders with well developed strategic roads.
- It originates in the Tibet Plateau and enters India through Miri hills in Arunachal Pradesh.
- It is the largest tributary of Brahmaputra River.
Bogibeel Bridge:It is India’s longest railroad bridge over the Brahmaputra river connecting Dibrugarh and Dhemaji districts of Assam.
News: Recently, a recipient of the INSPIRE programme award has developed a quantum chemistry based software useful for radiation therapy.
- Launched Year: 2008
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Science & Technology.
- Aim: To attract talented youth to the study of science at an early stage and build the required critical human resource pool for strengthening and expanding the Science & Technology system and R&D base.
- Components: a) Scheme for Early Attraction of Talents for Science (SEATS) b) Scholarship for Higher Education(SHE) and c) Assured Opportunity for Research Careers(AORC).
- Quantum chemistry: It is a branch of chemistry focused on the application of quantum mechanics in physical models and experiments of chemical systems. It is also called molecular quantum mechanics.