The slogan of Sabka Sath , Sabka Vikas aivam Sabka Vishwas needs trust of all stakeholders. So we need to work out a strategy towards ‘trust-based governance’.
Working to achieve ‘trust-based governance’ requires:
- Work and social harmony leading to peace and which should check all forms of fundamentalism.
- Reliable data and statistical systems.
- Government should empower the States financially, particularly in domains like health, education and skilling.
- Empower GST council by converting it into Empowered State Finance minister’s council to be headed by State finance ministers.
- The finance commission, which now deals with Budget allocations would be able to generate confidence amongst States and other stakeholders.
- Administrative and bureaucratic reforms to bring about transparency and accountability
- A policy of Coherence to be centred around PMO and Chief Minister’s office.
- Work on EODB through easing permits, checking inspector raj, license raj etc.
- We need 2nd wave of economic reforms to reinvigorate the LPG reforms of 1991
- We need urgent judicial reforms to reduce pendency and delays and reduce the practice of long summer and winter breaks to Courts.
Move away from GDP based economic indicators to more inclusive indicators of development.
Terms to Know: