List of Contents
What is the News?
The government of India has informed about the achievements of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY). It has also released funds under India COVID-19 Emergency Response & Health System Preparedness Package: Phase-II (ECRP-II package).
About Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY):
Role of Ayushman Bharat in Covid-19 Treatment:
- Under Ayushman Bharat, the Union government has allowed beneficiaries to avail of free testing and treatment across all empanelled hospitals — both public and private.
- The National Health Authority(NHA) is the nodal agency responsible for the nationwide roll-out and implementation of the Ayushman Bharat scheme.
About India COVID-19 Emergency Response & Health System Preparedness Package:
Phase 1 of the Package:
- In March 2020, when the country was faced with the first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Government announced the “India Covid-19 Emergency Response and Health Systems Preparedness Package”.
- Aim: To provide critical impetus to the efforts of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and States/UTs and catalysing health systems activities for pandemic management.
- The Phase II of the package was announced in July 2021 during the second wave of the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Aim: To accelerate the health system’s preparedness by providing an immediate response for early prevention, detection, and management with the focus on health infrastructure development including pediatric care.
- Duration of the Scheme: The scheme would be implemented from July 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022.
- Components: The scheme has Central Sector (CS) and Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS) components.