An Admiral Grigorovich-class (Project 11356) guided missile stealth frigates is likely to be inducted into the Indian Navy in next 3 years
India and Russia had signed a contract for transfer of technology for the construction of four Admiral Grigorovich-class (Project 11356) stealth frigates
About Stealth Frigates
- Frigates are medium sized warships with a mixed armament. They generally perform Protection of Shipping (POS) roles.
- Frigates are specialized in a particular role; for example:
- Guided Missile Frigates (where they will be carrying cruise missiles or Surface-to-Air Missiles)
- Anti-Submarine Frigates (where they will be equipped with improved sonars to detect enemy submarines and weapons such as Depth Charges, Torpedoes and Anti-Submarine Rockets).
3.Stealth technology: Stealth is any military technology intended to make vehicles or missiles nearly invisible to enemy radar or other electronic detection
About Admiral Grigorovich-class frigates
- Admiral Grigorovich-class frigates are armed with A-190 100mm artillery guns, strike missile and air defence systems, including Kalibr and Shtil complexes and torpedo tubes
- They can perform against surface ships and submarines as well as air targets.
- The frigates for India will be outfitted with India’s BrahMos supersonic cruise missile system.
2. It is manufactured in Hyderabad by BrahMos Aerospace, a joint venture between India’s DRDO and Russia’s NPO Mashinostroeyenia.