- India and Russia to sign major defence deals.
- With the visit of Russian President, India is expecting to sign three major defence deal with Russia such as:
- Five S-400 missile systems
- Four stealth frigates
- Deal for Ak-103 assault rifles to be manufactured in India
- The U.S. has warned India, that the deals could attract sanctions under the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA).
- India has been negotiating with USA for waiver against CAATSA, but U.S has not given any signal yet.
- Expected Agreements in Future:
- Memoranda of Understanding for investment deals
- Major agreement on space cooperation where Russia will assist India with its ‘Gaganyaan’ programme to put a human in space
- MoU for Road Transport and the Road Industry
- Cooperation on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Nuclear power cooperation will be discussed.