What is the News? Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare and Union Minister of Tribal Affairs launches the Anamaya Initiative — a Tribal Health Collaborative.
About Anamaya Initiative:
- Anamaya is a multi-stakeholder initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. Piramal Foundation and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) are supporting it.
- Firstly, Anamaya Initiative aims to converge efforts of various Government organizations. It is to improve the health and nutrition status of the tribal communities of India.
- Secondly, it also aims to build a sustainable health ecosystem. It will address the key health challenges of the tribal population.
Key Features of the Initiative:
- Firstly, it will bring together governments, philanthropists, national and international foundations, NGOs/CBOs for the health of the tribal communities.
- Secondly, it will function in 50 Aspirational tribal districts initially (with more than 20% ST population) across 6 high tribal population states.
- Lastly, over a 10-year period, the work of the Anamaya will be extended to 177 tribal Districts. The Ministry of Tribal Affairs will select the districts.