List of Contents
Source: The Hindu
What is the News?
Anganwadi workers in several States are concerned. A government order threatened them with a pay cut if they did not download the ‘Poshan Tracker’ app to record delivery of services by them.
About Poshan Tracker App:
- The Poshan Tracker App has been launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development(MoWCD).
- Purpose: The app enables real-time monitoring and tracking of the services provided by the Anganwadi Centre (AWC), Anganwadi Workers (AWWs), and beneficiaries.
- Significance: The use of technology for real-time growth monitoring and tracking of beneficiaries is an important feature of the Poshan Abhiyaan.
Concerns Raised by the Anganwadi workers:
- Firstly, they wanted to know who would give them the mobile phones and bear the expenses for recharge.
- Secondly, who would train Anganwadi workers to use smartphones, as many workers only know how to use the mobile phones with keypads.
- Thirdly, many anganwadi centres are situated in remote locations and often don’t have Internet connectivity. They need to walk 500 metres to 1 km to get some network coverage.