ForumIAS will be commencing with Classroom/ LIVE Online Classes for Ethics+ Module from 15th June, 2022.
The Ethics Paper is one of the key determinants of cracking the UPSC Civil Services Mains Examination or for that matter getting a top 100 Rank in the Final list. This paper has the potential of scores going from an average of 110 to a high of 140 marks, as opposed to papers such as GS Papers 1 where the average hovers from 70-80 marks to a high of around 110 marks. Thus, its effective weightage in the total score is very high.
The problem with GS Paper IV
Firstly, the problem with the GS IV Paper is the complete lack of one single source or book to comprehensively complete the syllabus.
Secondly, it also has a very porous boundary given that anything under the sun can be asked under the Ethics Paper. While most candidates do not spend more than 15 days for the Ethics Paper, the wise utilisation of a brief period like a fortnight is also difficult – for the lack of clarity on what and how to study for this Paper.
Thirdly, the ability to answer quote based questions, which requires to some extent – a wide reading base and creative thinking and/or conceptual understanding may not occur to most students immediately.
Fourthly, we have seen that a large majority of our own students of MGP do not do justice to the paper, despite Mains experience and do poorly in GS IV Tests.
This course tries to offer a solution to that. This Batch of Ethics+ Classes, focuses on the following aspects:
- Complete & Comprehensive Coverage of Ethics Terms & Terminologies
- Coverage of key issues and expected questions through Questions & Answers
- Quality Note Making & Answer Writing
Why Ethics+ Classes? We have guided hundreds of our students (like Namrata Jain-Rank 12, 125 Marks in GS IV, Karnati Varun Reddy-Rank 7, 121 Marks in GS IV, and Minal Karanwal-Rank 35, 114 Marks in GS IV) through the MGP and Ethics classes in a manner to approach the Ethics Paper, leading to good scores.
However, we have felt that with focus on answer writing, several students end up writing “Mann ki baat” in Ethics Answers even where questions have a definite theoretical answer.
- Ethics+ aims to build the theoretical base, for that is necessary when one delves into answer writing.
- Class Schedule: Classes will be conducted 3 days in a week i.e., Monday – Wednesday – Friday.
- Class duration will be of 2.5 – 3 hours and syllabus will be covered with a Q&A Approach. There will be between 15 to 18 classes. This module does NOT include the Case Studies. A separate Case Studies Module will be provided after the Prelims result.
- 80% of the classes will be taken by Ayush Sir and the rest by the team.
Class Timings & Venue:
- Class timings will be 5PM to 7:30PM, Monday/Wednesday/Friday.
- Venue: ForumIAS Offline Guidance Centre: 2nd Floor, IAPL House, 19 Pusa Road, Opp Metro Pillar No. 96, Karol Bagh, Delhi – 110005
Online Live Classes & offline classes
- Classes are available in both Online & Offline Mode. After fee payment students must email the payment advice to indicate if they want to attend the class in online mode or offline mode.
- Offline Students, who miss a class can reach support by raising a ticket for video access to classes they may miss because of unavoidable reasons . Maximum 5 classes video links will be provided.
- It is recommended that students based out of Old Rajinder Nagar attend the classes in offline mode.
We have tried to keep the fees as low as possible, so that large number of students can benefit from the program. We have also tried to provide concession for MGP students of MGP 2022 and MGP 2023, so that they can benefit from the assured content enrichment that can be brought by the program.
- Fee for non MGP / Non- CGP Students : Rs. 12,000 inclusive of GST. Click Here to Pay
- Fee for existing / old MGP / CGP Students : Rs. 8000 inclusive of GST. Use coupon code MGP Stud to lower price. Click Here to Pay or you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org for availing discount.