News:Union Human Resource Development Minister has launched the Annual Refresher Programme in Teaching (ARPIT),2019.
- ARPIT is a major initiative of online professional development of 15 lakh higher education faculty using the Massive Open Online Courses platform SWAYAM.
- The courses are meant for all in-service teachers and faculties in order to enhance their career prospects.
- The courses cover a diverse range of topics such as Indian culture & Heritage Studies, Pedagogical Innovations & Research Methodology among others.
- For implementing,75 discipline-specific institutions have been identified and notified as National Resource Centres(NRCs) in the first phase.
- These institutions are tasked to prepare online training material with focus on latest developments in the discipline, new & emerging trends, pedagogical improvements and methodologies.
- SWAYAM (Study Webs of Active–Learning for Young Aspiring Minds) is a programme initiated by the Government of India.It is designed to achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy namely access, equity and quality.
- The objective of this effort is to take the best teaching learning resources to all including the most disadvantaged.
- It seeks to bridge the digital divide for students who have remained untouched by the digital revolution and have not been able to join the mainstream of the knowledge economy.
- This is done through an indigenous developed IT platform that facilitates hosting of all the courses taught in classrooms to be accessed by anyone,anywhere at any time.