|Demand of the question |
Introduction. Mention about new India.
Body. Discuss 10 points ‘Vision for the Decade’.
Conclusion. Way forward.
To commemorate 75 years of the Quit India Movement the government pledged to create a New India that is strong and prosperous. The New India envisages India free from poverty, corruption, terrorism, communalism, casteism and uncleanliness and unite the entire country by adopting good governance and using technology.
According to budget 2019-20, our economy has reached US$ 2.7 trillion. It aim to reach the US$ 5 trillion in the next few years.Budget 2019-20 mentioned 10-point Vision for the decade. With this Vision set it strives to take India to new heights.
10 points ‘Vision for the Decade’ and how it will help in aim of new India?
- Building physical and social infrastructure- Physical and social infrastructure are the basis of new India. Physical infrastructure development will lead to economic growth, employment generation, better production, more exports. Thus it will help to achieve New India’s objective of decreasing inequalities and poverty. Further development of social infrastructure like education, health, connectivity will ensure healthy and skilled population. Thus it will help in decreasing casteism, poverty through education, employment which is a vision of New India.
- Digital India reaching every sector of the economy– Digital technology is an enabler. It has multiple benefits. This vision will not only enhance efficiency but also will increase productivity through timely output. It will enable farmer to access data at ease that will help him in increasing productivity. It will also decrease many issues like red tapism , corruption, and thus will increase accountability enabling New India.
- Pollution free India with green Mother Earth and Blue Skies– Cleanliness and clean environment is the another objective of New India. Through better data, policies, regulations and green projects, carbon tax etc. the vision of pollution free India can be achieved. New India will be incomplete healthy environment.
- Team India with Jan Bhagidari- Minimum Government Maximum Governance– New India strives to be a less corrupt India, with effective rules and regulations in place. Minimum Government Maximum Governance will reduce corruption and lead to better regulation and accountability. Further Jan Bhagidari will ensure true democracy and will lead to social audit and accountability resulting in less corruption.
- Space programmes, Gaganyan, Chandrayan and Satellite programmes– Various space programmes will serve the community and society. It will prevent disaster, will help in agriculture crisis through better prediction and will also help overall technological advancement towards a new India.
- Water, water management, clean rivers: Water is the lifeline of any economy. India is facing water crisis. This Vision envisage to provide water security through better water management and water saving. Clean water would not only lead to a healthy India but also a clean new India.
- Blue Economy: Will boost employment and provide livelihood to many through fishery development. It will thus enable India to remove millions out of poverty toward a New India.
- Self-sufficiency and export of food-grains, pulses, oilseeds, fruits and vegetables: This Vision will provide food security, leading to better nourishment and overall growth of a child, mother and society in general. It will also lead to exports and job creation leading to sustainable development.
- Achieving a healthy society via Ayushman Bharat, well-nourished women & children, safety of citizens- It is must for any economy to grow, but equally important is to keep its population healthy. Ayushman Bharat will resolve India’s health issues. Also well nourished women and children will contribute more in economy and a healthy demography will be promoted.
- Make in India with particular emphasis on MSMEs, Start-ups, defence manufacturing, automobiles, electronics, fabs and batteries, and medical devices- Make in India will create millions of jobs, and will lead to inclusive growth. A new India can’t be with inequalities whether economic or social. Thus this Vision will ensure an inclusive new India.
The government has launched flagship schemes such as Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, Jan Suraksha Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojana, Atal Pension Yojana, Swachh Bharat, Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, Start UP India, Stand UP India, Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana, Make in India etc.that will help in achieving these visions. Further New India and these visions not only require government efforts but need an overall community efforts.