|Introduction: Contextual introduction.|
Body: Write some significance of the National Curriculum Framework for Foundational Stage (NCF-FS) for education and the overall well-being of children.Conclusion: Write a way forward.
Recently, the Union Education ministry launched the National Curriculum Framework for foundational stage education of children in the three to eight years age group. The framework focuses on the ‘panchakosha’ concept – the ancient Indian emphasis on the body-mind connection. It is an important step taken to implement the New Education Policy-2020. National Curriculum Framework essentially serves as a guideline for syllabus, textbooks and teaching practices for the Education system in India.
Significance of NCF-FS:
- All domains of development: An integrated curriculum framework for children from ages 3-8 will enable us to address—physical, socio-emotional-ethical, cognitive and language as well as literacy, [Answered] Highlight the significance of the National Curriculum Framework for Foundational Stage (NCF-FS) for education and the overall well-being of children.sthetic and cultural aspects—more effectively.
- ‘Play’ at the core of curriculum: It includes conversations, stories, songs and rhymes, music and movement, art and craft, indoor and outdoor games, field trips, being amid nature and playing with materials and toys.
- Emphasizes the need of the child: like use of the child’s home language and usage of content such as local and traditional stories, rhymes, songs, materials, and games. It is also about catering to different needs and levels of children, including children with special needs, for learning to be truly inclusive.
- Building an enabling ecosystem: This includes empowering teachers and enabling a supportive academic and administrative support system. It also emphasizes the need to ensure adequate infrastructure and learning resources in each institution.
- It focuses on classroom practices with real-life illustrations from a variety of contexts. It is hence relatable and provides realistic pathways for teachers and others.
The NCF has an institutional focus including family, extended family, neighbours, and others, all of whom have a very significant impact on the child, particularly in the age cohort of 3-8 years. Moreover, the role of teachers as well as parents and communities will enable and enhance the developmental outcomes.