|Introduction: Contextual introduction.|
Body: Explain the significance of inculcating awareness of the constitution among the common citizens.Conclusion: Write a way forward.
A Constitution helps serve as a set of principles, rules and procedures on which there is a consensus. These form the basis according to which the people want the country to be governed and the society to move on. This includes not only an agreement on the type of government but also on certain ideals that the country should uphold.
Significance of inculcating awareness of the constitution among the common citizens are as follows:
- Every individual in our society should be aware of their rights which will help people to vote for the right government. With the help of Constitutional awareness, an individual can be a responsible citizen.
- Constitutional awareness is important because each generation needs to know not only the rights and privileges granted by the Constitution, but also the obligations of its citizens.
- The constitution contains provisions relating to the powers and duties of government, the relations between government and people and the rights and duties of people.
- This helps in maintaining discipline in the society, makes government responsible and makes people aware that the government belongs to them.
- The importance of fundamental duties is that they define the moral obligations of all citizens to help in the promotion of the spirit of patriotism and to uphold the unity of India.
- Constitutional knowledge allows young people to understand how they fit into the world around them — and the role civic responsibility plays in Indian society.
- It allows for the greatest level of transparency and the ability for students to citizens between the varying quality of information sources.
The Constitution should get due recognition across the educational system. We should not restrict ourselves to symbolism. We should look at the substantive issues dealt with by the Constitution.