|Demand of the question |
Introduction. Contextual Introduction.
Body. Show how women are equal as men?
Conclusion. Way forward.
Taking into consideration the contribution being made to each and every sphere of life in the country, it can be certainly contended that women are no less indispensable to society than men. Recent success stories of women as CEO, political leaders, new start ups, as bank managers, in sports has proved that women are as efficient as men.
Women as equal to men:
- Women are naturally more choosy and sensitive towards their things that makes them more adept and talented individuals just like men.
- Women are becoming even more powerful and empowered in the society that enabling them to work as a full time employee like men.
- The digital platforms have engaged a lot of women in different industry works. This has led many women including students and house wives to start doing work from home.
- Women are now changing with the time and becoming more goal oriented and less intuitive driven. That making the approaches more clearer and focused.
- Women in India now participate fully in areas such as education, sports, politics, media, art and culture, service sectors, science and technology, etc.
- India has one of the highest number of female politicians in the world. Women have held high offices in India including that of the President, Prime Minister, Speaker of the Lok Sabha and Leader of the Opposition.
- Contrary to common perception, a large percentage of women in India are actively engaged in traditional and non-traditional work. Statistics seriously understate women’s contribution as workers. However, there are far fewer women than men in the paid workforce. In urban India, women participate in the workforce in impressive numbers. For example, in the software industry 30% of the workforce is female.
- Women like PV Sandhu, Saina Nehwal, Mary Kom have shown their might in sports sector and made India proud at international platform. This shows that women are no more just isolated to kitchen work.
- In 2015, the Indian government announced that women could serve as fighter pilots in the Indian Air Force (IAF), having previously only been permitted to fly transport aircraft and helicopters. This shows that today women is everywhere and not less than anyone. Various achievements in their name is just a reflection of this.
There is no denying the fact that women in India have made a considerable progress in the last fifty years but yet they have to struggle against many handicaps and social evils in the male dominated society. The Hindu Code Bill has given the daughter and the son equal share of the property. The Marriage Act no longer regards woman as the property of man. But passing of law is one thing and its absorption in the collective thinking of society is quite a different matter. In order to prove themselves equal to the dignity and status given to them in the Indian Constitution they have to shake off the shackles of slavery and superstitions.