|Demand of the question |
Introduction. Contextual Introduction.
Body. Importance of working with other civilisations power like China for economic goal.
Conclusion. Way forward.
The Asian Century is the projected 21st century dominance of Asian economics, politics and culture. The growing importance and emphasis of unity in Asia, demand progressive relationships among countries in the region to realise the 21st Asian Century. India and China represent 40% of the world and are centre of growth in Asia. Thus relationship between two countries is paramount for the realisation of Asian century and achieve India’s growth.
Importance of working with other civilisations power like China for economic goal:
- Economic development: Asia is experiencing robust economic performance over the three decades, spearheaded by India and China. Asian century can’t be realised without economic development of the two countries and moving out millions of people in the region out of poverty. Both nation must enhance bilateral relations in a positive way leading to a path of development.
- Demographic dividend: Population growth in Asia is expected to continue for at least the first half of the 21st century. This will result in huge demographic dividend in the region. Thus coordination between India and other nations by providing opportunities and employment driven by economic growth is necessary.
- Investment: India and China relations has not reached full potential due to lack of bilateral investments. Where China can provide market for India to invest in pharmaceutical industry, agricultural products, software industry; India is a market for China for its technological industry. Creation of New Development Bank, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, and Asian Development Bank are new engine of growth in the region. These institutions would fail without cooperation among New Delhi and Beijing.
- Regional Stability: It is important for economic progress that region should be stable and free from any terrorism, which will hurt India’s growth. Terrorism has impacted regional structures in South Asian countries in a negative way. It is very important for India and other countries to stand together against terrorism to promote stability in the region. Regional stability would ensure mutual growth.
- Trade: China is India’s largest trading partner. The fact that both these countries are the two big Asian giants, it is imperative for both of them to be allies so as to support each other and continue their bid for the strongest power. Also, it is important for India to boost ties with other nations in order to boost its exports and trade.
Some important steps to boost bilateral relations among two nations:
- Establishment of bilateral group among various countries with experts from the countries who would workout a plan for further cooperation.
- Capacity building in combating terrorism of intelligence, police, military and para-military forces through training.
- Promotion of greater coordination to resolve boundary disputes among India and other nations.
- Correction of bilateral trade balance between India and China in order to ensure mutual economic development.
- Legal and moral support to each other at all international platforms.
- Increase people to people contacts through tourism and cultural exchange.
It should be noted that countries like China, USA and other powers continues to be major power in 21st centuries. With India growing very fast and emerging as other power, it is important for India to work with other nations especially China for its own interests. Without Chinese cooperation and change in attitude it is tough to realise progress on bilateral relations. India should push China and other powers for better relations and should try to establish trust among among various nations.