India and neighbors
- The Union Home Ministry has constituted another committee to examine methods to curb the misuse of free movement along the Myanmar border, indicating a significant shift in India’s policy towards Myanmar.
- It is a friendly country, with which it shares unfenced borders and unhindered movement of people across the border.
Cropping pattern, Agriculture, e-technology
RBI is preparing list of debtors for insolvency process.PDS and food processing
The rot in farming: (The Hindu, Editorial)
We must enable a sustainable price discovery for agricultural produce.
More to it than MSP: (The Hindu, Editorial)Agricultural distress is often viewed as a short-term phenomenon in which farmers look for support from various quarters on account of being unable to get a gainful return due to price crash, poor marketing facilities, rising credit burden, increasing cost of inputs and frequent occurrence of natural calamities. Indian Economy. Planning, Growth and Employment CPI inflation slows to lowest since 2012: It reflects the crisis the farmers are facing because food prices have crashed as a result of bumper crops.' Monetary Policy Committee: More questions than answers: (Live Mint, Editorial)
- For RBI’s monetary policy committee, achieving the inflation target of 4% on a sustained basis remains ambitious.
- India is nowhere close to ensuring CPI inflation of 4%, especially when the growth accelerates and pricing power returns.
Prelims Related News
- Peafowls are crucial for the ecosystem as they feed on insects that may harm the crops.
- It helps farmers by keeping a check on the insect population.