Welcome to the 1st Mains Marathon General Studies Test.
Topic for Today: (9th August, 2017)
Capitalism & Industrial Revolution, Revolutionary & Nationalist Movements ( French revolution, American Revolution, Unification of Italy, Germany etc, Socialist Movements ), Imperialism & Colonialism (Causes & Effects)
Read the following questions and answer them by clicking on the links in not more than 200 words Kindly review each others answers.
Q1. Elaborate on the role played by the Enlightenment thinkers in the American Revolution with a special emphasis on their contributions to the formation of the US constitution. Q2. Critically examine the role played by Napoleon in European history. What were the reasons for Napoleon’s downfall? Q3. Trace the progress of Industrial Revolution in countries besides England. Q4. What is colonialism? What led to it? Elaborate on how the European powers colonized Africa. Q5. What were the 1st and 2nd Internationals? Explain their contributions and the reasons for their failure. Q6. Discuss the role of Bismarck in the unification of both Germany as well as Italy. Q7. “The Industrial Revolution changed humanity for the better.” Critically examine.
(24 Sectional Tests, 12 Essay Tests and 4 Full-length Tests)
Next Test: (11th August, 2017)
First World War ( Causes, Events, Peace Treaties, Consequences ), World from 1919 - Second World War ( Fascism, Nazism, Rise of USA & Soviet, Consequences ), The World After Second World War (Consequences, Cold War, Decolonisation)
We request all the aspirants to participate actively in this Initiative.
The tests are designed in such a way that students would be able to complete the GS Mains syllabus on time and have ample answer writing practice before CSM-2017. Note from our side:
- Try to cover the syllabus as we move ahead as per the plan. Topic listing of the tests is there in the plan.
- You have to supplement the Mains Marathon Free GS Test Series with Daily Mains Marathon Answer Writing Practice.
More about the Mains Marathon Test Series:
- We will be posting the Mains Marathon Tests around 5 PM.
- There would be 24 Sectional Tests, 12 Essay Tests and 4 Full-length Tests.
- Each Sectional Test will have 7 Questions.
- You are expected to spend not more than 10 minutes on each question.
- In essence, the exercise, even when done at a slow pace, should help you do a meaningful Answer Writing Practice.
- We will try to keep all questions meaningful and relevant to the examination.
How to get updated when questions are posted?You must be subscribed to this blog via wordpress. Click here to subscribe to this blog. Note:
- You should review at least 3-5 Answers for every question that you write.
- Ask others to review your answers.
Did you like our new Initiative? Any suggestions? Do let us know by mailing us at email@example.com
To know more about the GS Test Series : Click Here To Download the GS Test Series Plan : Click Here
(All Mains Marathon followers, do participate in the Free Mains Marathon GS Test Series actively and make the Initiative a success. Post answers and review others answers).