News:The Transparency International has conducted a survey to analyse the best practices followed by the states in the Budget Formulation.
About the survey:
- The survey was based on 4 parameters a) public disclosure b) budgetary process c) post-budget fiscal management and d) efforts to make the budget more transparent and citizen-friendly.
Key takeaways from the survey:
- Assam has emerged as the top state in terms of best practices followed in budget formulation.
- It was followed by Odisha and Andhra Pradesh.
- The states which figured lower in the ranking were Goa, Maharashtra and Punjab.
About Transparency International:
- Transparency International is an international non-governmental organization.It was founded in 1993 based in Berlin, Germany.
- Its purpose is to take action to combat corruption and prevent criminal activities arising from corruption.
- It publishes various reports such as the Global Corruption Barometer and the Corruption Perceptions Index.