Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC),
had launched Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana in 2018. The scheme is being implemented
on pilot basis for a period of two years
- The scheme is for Insured Persons covered under
the Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948.
- The scheme provides for a relief payable in cash
directly to the Bank Account in case an insured person is rendered unemployed
and is in search for new engagement.
- The cash benefit given to the unemployed persons
searching for new employment is 25% of his average earning of 90 days.
- The Employees’ State Insurance Act 1948 (the ESI
Act) provides for medical, cash, maternity, disability and dependent benefits
to the Insured Persons under the Act.
- The ESI Act is administered by Employees’ State
Insurance Corporation (ESIC), Ministry of Labour and Employment.