List of Contents
What Is The News ?
Australia is keen that India join its biggest war games ‘Exercise Talisman Sabre’ in 2023. And a formal invite could be extended during Australian Defence Minister’s visit to India, in next couple of months.
About Exercise Talisman Sabre
According to the Australian Defence Ministry,
- Talisman Sabre 2021 is the largest bilateral combined training activity between the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and the U.S. military.
- It also saw the participation of approximately 17000 military personnel from seven nations on land, air and sea.
- The other countries include Canada, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea and U.K.
India’s participation in other Exercises
Four frontline warships from the Navy’s Eastern Fleet are scheduled to depart on an overseas deployment of over two months to South East Asia, the South China Sea and Western Pacific during which they will conduct a series of exercises and interactions.
- SIMBEX with Singapore
- Samudra Shakti with Indonesia
- AUS – INDEX with Australia
- Malabar 21 Exercise (hosted by US) with Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force, Royal Australian Navy and the United States Navy
Such exercises and interactions are conducted to:
- Deepen interoperability and high technology cooperation between member countries
- Enhance synergy and coordination between the Indian Navy and friendly countries, based on common maritime interests and commitment towards Freedom of Navigation at sea