News: Ministry of AYUSH and Invest India has formed a collaboration to set up a “Strategic Policy & Facilitation Bureau(SPFB)”.
- Aim: To facilitate planned, systematic growth and investment in the AYUSH(Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy) sector.
- Functions: The activities to be undertaken by the SPFB would include :
- Knowledge Creation and Management,
- Strategic & Policy-Making Support,
- Undertaking State Policy benchmarking to formulate uniform guidelines/regulations regarding AYUSH sector in India,
- Investment Facilitation: Follow up and facilitation of investment cases and MoUs, and coordination among different Department, organisations and States.
- Issue Resolution: Invest India would work with companies and other institutions on issue resolution across States and among various sub-sectors.
- Invest India:It was set up in 2009 as a non-profit venture under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.It is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of India and acts as the first point of reference for investors in India.