Back to Village(B2V) programme
News: Jammu and Kashmir Government announced the third phase of ambitious Back to Village(B2V) programme.
- Back to Village(B2V) programme: The programme aims to involve the people of the state and government officials in a joint effort to deliver the mission of equitable development. It also aims to energize Panchayats and direct development efforts in rural areas through community participation.
- Four main goals:
- energising panchayats.
- collecting feedback on the delivery of government schemes and programmes.
- capturing specific economic potential.
- undertaking assessment of needs of villages.
- Phase I: To understand people’s grievances and demands.
- Phase-II: It focused on the devolution of powers to panchayats and tried to understand how these panchayats are functioning and what are the grievances and demands
- Phase-III: It has been designed on the format for grievance redressal.
- Features of Back to Village(B2V) programme.:
- As part of the programme, each gazetted officer will be assigned a gram panchayat where he/she will interact and obtain feedback from the panchayat representatives about their concerns, developmental needs and economic potential of the area.
Read also :-Daily current affairs
The feedback obtained will help the government in needs assessment and subsequently to tailor the various central and state government schemes/programmes in improving the delivery of village-specific services and making the village life better in terms improved amenities and economic upliftment.