News:The Nine-day-long floral festival ‘Bathukamma’ has began in Telangana.
About the festival:
- Bathukamma festival is celebrated for nine days during Durga Navratri.
- The word Bathukamma means- ‘Mother Goddess come to life’.
- The festival represents cultural spirit of Telangana.It is the state festival of Telangana.
- The festival is celebrated to pray to the Goddess for health and achievements of each family.
- During the festival, flowers arranged and decorated on a big plat in conical shape in seven layers and this arrangement is called as Bathukamma.
- All the women are dressed colorfully and form a circle around ‘Bathukamma’ and dance before immersing it to the nearest water body.