News: Bureau of Energy Efficiency(BEE) has launched SATHEE Portal and Standards and Labelling Programme for Air Compressors and Ultra High Definition(UHD) TV during the 30th National Energy Conservation Awards(NECA).
- SAATHEE stands for State-wise Actions on Annual Targets and Headways on Energy Efficiency.
- Purpose: It is a Management Information System (MIS) portal which will facilitate real-time monitoring of the progress of implementation of various Energy Conservation endeavours at State level.
Standards and Labelling Programme for Air Compressors and Ultra High Definition(UHD) TV
- It has been launched on a voluntary basis and the energy consumption standards will be effective from 01st January 2021.
- This initiative is expected to save around 8.41 Billion Units of electricity for Air Compressors and 9.75 Billion Units for UHD TV till 2030.
Read Also :upsc syllabus pdf
- Standards and Labelling Programme: It was launched in 2006 by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency(BEE).
- Objective: To provide the consumer an informed choice about the energy-saving and thereby the cost-saving potential of the relevant marketed product.
- Targets: The scheme targets display of energy performance labels on high energy end-use equipment & appliances and lays down minimum energy performance standards.
- Appliances covered: Presently, the programme covers around 27 equipment/appliances including 10 for which it is mandatory.