Source: The Hindu
News: Britain’s House of Commons has voted resoundingly to approve a trade deal with the European Union paving the way for an orderly break with the European Union(EU).
Read Also : Current affairs for upsc
Key Features of the Deal:
The new trade deal:
- Enables the UK to continue selling goods to the EU market – the UK’s biggest trade partner – without tariffs or quotas
- Includes binding enforcement and dispute settlement mechanisms to address any unfair competition – what the EU calls “level playing field” rules
- Ensures continued smooth transport links between the UK and EU, including safeguards on passenger rights
- Means new paperwork and other barriers for UK businesses in Europe, including financial services, which employs more than a million people in the UK
- Transfers 25% of EU boats’ fishing rights in British waters to the UK fleet, over a five-and-a-half year transition period
- Reduces UK access to EU programmes in various fields, including policing and education.
For Further Read on EU-UK Brexit Deal: https://blog.forumias.com/u-k-eu-reach-post-brexit-trade-deal/