News:Union Finance minister has proposed 16 action points focusing on doubling Farmers income, Horticulture sector, Food storage, Animal Husbandry and Blue economy.
About 16 point Action Plan:The key highlight of the 16-point action plan includes:
- Help 20 lakh farmers setup standalone solar pumps under PM-KUSUM scheme.
- Artificial insemination to be increased to 70% from the present 30%.
- Expansion of NABARD Refinancing Scheme while MGNREGS to be used to develop fodder farm
- State governments who undertake implementation of model laws (issued by the Central government) to be encouraged.
- Village Storage Scheme which will be run by the Women SHG (Self Help Group) to provide farmers a good holding capacity and reduce their logistics cost.
- Indian Railways will set up a Kisan Rail for transporting perishable goods.
- Krishi Udaan will be launched by the Ministry of Civil Aviation on national and international routes for agricultural exports.
- Target for Agricultural credit has been increased to Rs 15 lakh crore from Rs 12 lakh crore
- Fish production to be raised to 200 lakh tonnes by 2022-23
- By 2025, milk processing capacity to be doubled to 108 MT
- Government proposes measures to improve the situation in 100 water-stressed districts
- One District One Product to be extended to Horticulture
- Integrated Farming systems in Rain fed areas to be expanded
- Jaivik Kheti Portal – online national organic products market to be strengthened.
- Foot and Mouth Disease, Brucellosis in cattle and Peste Des Petits ruminants(PPR) in sheep and goat to be eliminated by 2025.
- Self Help Groups(SHGs) of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana to be mobilised.