Skip to content
- The Mumbai-Ahmadabad high speed train corridor, a first of its kind in India, has been granted wildlife clearance, by a committee headed by the Union Environment Minister
- The E5 Shinkansen series Bullet Train Project, an India-Japan joint venture, was inaugurated in 2017 and is scheduled for its first run in 2022.
- Originating at the Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai and terminating at the Sabarmati,
the high speed train corridor will pass through Gujarat, Maharashtra and Dadra& Nagar Haveli
- Concerns had been raised over the project as it encroaches upon the Eco-sensitive zone of Sanjay Gandhi National Park , Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary and Thane Creek Flamingo Wildlife Sanctuary
- In 2015, 1,690-hectare area along the western bank of the Thane Creek, from Airoli to the Vashi, was declared as Thane Creek Flamingo Sanctuary.
- Greater and the Near threatened Lesser Flamingos migrate to Thane creek every year in November but has been declining in population due to increasing pollution and habitat destruction.