News: Massive fire broke out on the Burhi Dihing River in Assam’s Dibrugarh district allegedly due to an oil pipeline blast
- Dihing or Burhi Dihing is a large left bank tributary of the Brahmaputra River.
- Source: the Patkai Hills, Eastern Himalayas, Arunachal Pradesh
- Course: flows through Tinsukia and Dibrugarh Districts in Assam to its confluence with the Brahmaputra at Dihingmukh
Other important Tributaries of River Brahmaputra
1. Major left-bank tributaries: Burhi Dihing, Dhansari (South), Kalang, Lohit, Dibang
2. Major right bank tributaries: Subansiri, Kameng, Manas, Sankosh, Teesta