News:Ministry of External Affairs(MEA) has not granted the mandatory travel clearance to Delhi Chief Minister for the C40 World Mayors Summit at Copenhagen.
- C40 is a network of the world’s megacities taking action to address climate change.
- It is a group of 94 cities around the world that represents one-twelfth of the world’s population and one-quarter of the global economy.
- The summit was launched in London in 2005 when the then London Mayor convened representatives from 18 megacities.
- C40 supports cities to collaborate effectively, share knowledge and drive meaningful, measurable and sustainable action on climate change.
- The aim of the summit is also to show how cities are delivering their strong commitments for healthier, sustainable, resilient and inclusive future.