Source: The Hindu
News: Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs(CCEA) has approved three key infrastructure proposals.
What are the three key infrastructure projects approved? The three projects proposed by the Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade(DPIIT) are:
- Krishnapatnam Industrial Area in Andhra Pradesh
- Tumakuru (Tumkur) Industrial Area in Karnataka and
- Multi-modal logistics hub (MMLH) and multi-modal transport hub (MMTH) at Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh.
Read Also : Current affairs for upsc
- Industrial Corridor Programme: The objective of the Programme is the creation of greenfield industrial cities with sustainable, ‘plug n play’, ICT enabled utilities to facilitate the manufacturing investments into the country.
- Krishnapatnam Industrial Area and Tumkur Industrial Area are part of Chennai Bengaluru Industrial Corridor(CBIC) project.
- These corridors will help in attracting investments into manufacturing and positioning India as a strong player in the Global Value Chain.
- Multi Modal Logistics Hub(MMLH) & Multi Modal Transport Hub (MMTH): The logistics hub at Greater Noida, UP will be developed as a world-class facility that will provide efficient storage/transitioning of goods to/from the Dedicated Freight Corridors(DFC) and offer a one-stop destination to freight companies and customers.
- The facility will not only provide standard container handling activities but also provide various value-added services to reduce logistics cost with improved efficiency of operations.