News:The Union Cabinet has approved the Constitution of an empowered Technology Group.
About the Technology group:
Composition:The 12-Member Technology Group will be chaired by the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India.
Pillars:The three pillars of the work of the Technology Group include:
- Policy Support;
- Procurement Support; and
- Support on Research and Development proposals.
Functions of the group:
- Render timely policy advice on latest technologies;
- Mapping of technology and technology products;
- Commercialisation of dual use technologies developed in national laboratories and government R&D organisations;
- Developing an indigenisation road map for selected key technologies; and
- Selection of appropriate R&D programs leading to technology development.