News:Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology(CCMB) has launched its 7 Young Innovators’ Program (YIP).
About Young Innovators’ Program(YIP):
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology(CCMB) Young Innovators is a program for school children.
- The program aims to emphasize that creativity, keen interest and enthusiasm are the main components of success in science by giving access to active research labs via this program.
- It identifies talented young students of grades VIII to X and encourages them to appreciate scientific methodologies through this program.
- The selected students carry out experiments such as preparation and analysis of their own DNA, preparation and examination of nanoparticles, grow bacteria and count them.
- Apart from this, they also interact with various scientists and discuss their work during the program.On successful completion of the program, students are awarded with a certificate.
- The Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology(CCMB) is a premier research organization in frontier areas of modern biology.
- The objectives of the Centre are to conduct high quality basic research and training in frontier areas of modern biology and promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the interdisciplinary areas of biology.