- The Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) is the Central Drug Authority for discharging functions assigned to the Central Government under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act. CDSCO has six zonal offices, four sub-zonal offices, 13 port offices and seven laboratories under its control.
Major functions of CDSCO
- Regulatory control over the import of drugs
- approval of new drugs and clinical trials
- meetings of Drugs Consultative Committee (DCC) and Drugs Technical Advisory Board (DTAB)
- approval of certain licenses as Central License Approving Authority is exercised by the CDSCO headquarters.