List of Contents
What is the News?
The Ministry of Food Processing and Industries is implementing several schemes in the Food Processing sector as part of the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Initiative.
Schemes Mentioned in the Article:
About PM Formalisation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises Scheme (PMFME):
- PM-FME is a centrally sponsored scheme launched by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MOFPI).
- Aim: To modernize and enhance the competitiveness of the existing individual micro-enterprises and ensure their transition to the formal sector.
- Duration: The scheme will be implemented over a period of five years from 2020-21 to 2024-25 with an outlay of Rs 10,000 crore.
- Coverage: Under the scheme, 2,00,000 micro food processing units will be directly assisted with credit-linked subsidies.
About Pradhan MantriKisan SAMPADA Yojana(PMKSY):
- PMKSY is a Central Sector Scheme launched by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries in 2016-17.
- Aim: To grow and develop the food processing sector including the processing of agro-products and thus increasing the income of the farmers.
- Components: The component schemes of PMKSY are –
- Mega Food Park
- Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure
- Creation /Expansion of Food Processing & Preservation Capacities
- Infrastructure for Agro-Processing Clusters
- Creation of Backward & Forward linkages
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure
- Human Resource and Institutions
- Operation Greens.
- Financial Assistance: Under component schemes of PMKSY, MoFPI provides mostly credit-linked financial assistance (capital subsidy) in the form of grants-in-aid to entrepreneurs for setting up of food processing/preservation industries.