What is the News?
The Chandler Good Government Index(CGGI) 2021 has been released.
About Chandler Good Government Index(CGGI):
- The Chandler Institute of Governance(CIG) publishes the Chandler Good Government Index(CGGI) . It is an international non-profit organization, with headquarter in Singapore.
- Objective: The index measures the effectiveness and capabilities of 104 governments around the world in terms of government capabilities and outcomes.
- Parameters: The Index comprises of 34 indicators. They are organized into seven pillars:
- Leadership and Foresight
- Robust Laws and Policies
- Strong Institutions
- Financial Stewardship
- Attractive Marketplace
- Global Influence and Reputation
- Helping people rise.
- India’s ranking: India has been ranked 49th in the Chandler Good Government Index(CGGI).
- Topped by: Finland has topped the index.
- South Asian Countries: At 74th ranks Sri Lanka. Further, Pakistan is at 90th and Nepal at 92nd.
- Seven of the top ten countries are from Europe. But there are four continents represented in the top ten. Here, Singapore stands first in Asia, New Zealand leading Oceania, and Canada leading in the Americas.
- All the top ten countries are high-income as defined by the World Bank.
Source: The Hindu