China to build the most advanced naval warships for Pakistan.
- China as a part of major bilateral arms deal is building one of the four most advanced naval warships for Pakistan to balance the power in the strategic Indian Ocean.
- The under-construction ship is a version of the Chinese Navy’s most advanced guided missile frigate.
- The ship’s class is Type 054AP, which means it is based on the Type 054A of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) Navy.
- Both countries also jointly manufacturing the JF-Thunder, a single engine multi-role combat aircraft.
Capability of Naval Warship:
- The warship “will be one of the largest and technologically advanced platforms of the Pakistani Navy and strengthen the country’s capability to respond to future challenges, maintain peace and stability and the balance of power in the Indian Ocean region.
- Naval warship will be equipped with modern detection and weapon system and capable of anti-ship, anti-submarine and air-defence operations.
- The ship will have vertical launch cells that can fire Chinese HQ-16 air-defence missiles and other kinds of missiles.
- It will also support the Pakistani Navy’s initiative of securing sea lanes for international shipping by patrolling distant waters.