Why in News?
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has announced the upgradation of Co-WIN software. It is to cater to more sessions per site and change in site location.
- CoWIN App: It is a digitalised platform by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- It allows Indian citizens to apply for a Covid-19 vaccine shot and helps agencies in keeping a track of Covid-19 vaccination programmes.
- Modules: The Co-WIN app comes with five modules namely –
- Administrator module: The admins will be able to track the information provided by citizens of India. They will also be responsible for creating sessions. By this app, respective vaccinators and managers will receive relevant notifications and alerts on the relevant information.
- Registration Module: Citizens who are not frontline health workers can register for the vaccine via the ‘Registration Module’. Photo identity will be required for registration.
- Vaccination module: It will verify the beneficiary details and update vaccination status.
- Beneficiary Acknowledgement Module: It will send SMS to beneficiaries and also generate QR-based certificates after one gets vaccinated.
- Report Module: It will prepare reports of how many vaccine sessions have been conducted, how many people have attended those, how many people have dropped out etc.
- What are the new features in the enhanced version?
- The enhanced version allows planning and scheduling the sessions for the entire week and works for the enhanced safety of the beneficiaries. These new features are being enabled in the vaccinator module.