What is the News?
Transparency International(TI) has released the Corruption Perception Index, 2020.
About Corruption Perception Index, 2020:
- Transparency International publishes this index annually, since 1995.
- The index ranks 180 countries and territories by their perceived levels of public sector corruption. Corruption is measured based on expert assessments and surveys of business people. It uses a scale of zero to 100, where zero is highly corrupt and 100 is very clean.
- India: India’s rank on this index, has slipped six places to 86th among 180 countries in 2020. However, the CPI score for India is constant at 40 this year as well as in 2019.
- Topped by: New Zealand and Denmark are ranked at the first position with scores of 88.
- Bottom in the index: Somalia and South Sudan were ranked lowest at 179th position with scores of 12.
Source: Indian Express